Friday, November 12, 2010

Latest Update on the Good Morning America Advice Guru Hunt


Juju, George, Robin, & Sam

Good Morning America gave an update this morning on their show. They've moved on to the second stage of their decision making, calling finalists. Not the Final Ten yet, but the last 40 or 50 people. Some candidates have already been called, but according to Bianna Golodryga several more will be called over the next few weeks.

Interestingly enough, George Stephanopoulos stated that there was one candidate that was on the short list of all of the producers, but he didn't share who that candidate was. They shared the pictures of 18 candidates, and the videos of 3 others during the short update. I'm sure those candidates were thrilled at the exposure!

Although they weren't identified by name, two of the panel members did give statements regarding what they were looking for in a candidate. The gentleman at the head of the table said, “We're looking for somebody with a lot of talent. They have to be able to write, to dispense useful advice.” (his emphasis)

The woman that was sitting to his right stated, “Whenever they made me smile, or just chuckle a little, I remembered them.”

The following I don't say with regret, remorse, self-pity, or animosity. I don't believe I'll be getting a call. I recognize my mistakes and short-comings in this, my attempt at this job. I didn't provide a link to my blog or to a video in my essay (the thought never even crossed my mind), and I SUCK at talking about myself! I'm use to sharing myself in snippets, in offering people looking for help some little something to reassure them that I do understand. I start getting this feeling of guilt when I try writing about me, and then I'm wrestling with the need to be more modest. I don't see myself as doing anything amazing, I have just done what I needed to in order to get by myself, or help another get by. That is the same as anybody else would do, right?

So, lesson learned, I'm going to work on writing about myself more and better. Next time an opportunity like this comes up I will be ready for it. Watch out world.

To wrap this up I'd just like to say to all of those that have submitted entries, GOOD LUCK! And don't give up yet, they're still calling people.

No comments:

Post a Comment