Monday, December 6, 2010

Are You an Advice Guru?

I was very annoyed when Good Morning America announced their 20 finalists and I saw a majority of them with some type of PhD or other work experience that would put them over the top as picks for their advice guru. Then something changed. I got to know some of them.

Talking to some of the finalists through email I've come to realize many of them are just as “every day” as those of us that have gained our advice-giving experience simply through being trusted by those around us. They've had their trials and tribulations, they've gone through their tough times. And face it, in this economy degrees and previous experience don't guarantee that they're living high off of the hog and looking to live higher. Some are just as concerned about simply finding a steady pay check as I am.

So I've decided I want to help advice gurus, the finalists and those that were rejected by ABC, to be known better. Share their human, every day, average Joe sides. Even if you never submitted an entry but you'd like to let people know you're out there to help, I'll help show the world what a great person you are! The part of the person that gets missed in the mess.

I'll run an interview/bio spot for anybody interested in sharing, including a link to that person's blog, website, or other contact information. All you need to do is contact me. I won't hassle anybody that doesn't want featured, but I will help promote anybody that does.

So to all of the advice gurus out there, established or just starting out, send me an email and let's introduce you to the world! gayla.tanner@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment