Monday, January 16, 2012

So I'm Back Again... Again. HA!

Oy!!  I'm such a bad blogger!!  Good thing I didn't get that GMA job, huh?  So, what have I been up to?  Let's see...

On the down side, the entire family has been down about the loss of our first grandchild, "Peanut".  He/She was lost at the 12th week of pregnancy, and was due in November of 2011, so we had to struggle through several anticipated milestones that never happened.

ADVICE FOR ALL:  A miscarriage of a wanted child can be as traumatic to the family as the loss of a known (aka, living) child.  Never underestimate the love people can develop for a child expected.  We all loved our little Peanut and have mourned the fact that we'll never get to hold or know him/her.

Since then my son has broken up with the girlfriend, met a wonderful new girlfriend, moved back to the states, and started back to college.  My younger son has started driving (God help us all!), and my younger daughter is as sharp as ever.  My eldest daughter is the one with the exciting news.  She is going to be a mother in July!!  She's into her second trimester, so we're feeling pretty secure.  AND her ultrasound indicates a strong possibility of a baby girl!   I could go into all of the technical stuff that shows why we think it's a girl, but just trust me on this.  =D

So what have I been up to myself?  LOSING WEIGHT!   Big hoorahs for me!  Last spring the entire family decided it was time to get healthy.  We decided to only use poundage as a marker for our improvements, but to focus more on eating healthier and exercising more.  My initial doctor's exam showed me doing "OK", but not excellent.  My bone density test was right on the cusp of being strong, so I want to improve that along with everything else.

In the process of this, I have lost 40 lbs!  Yes, yes, cheers and bows, but I have to confess, I gained 12 lbs of it back over the holidays.  CHOCOLATE IS BAD.  But I'm going to get back on track now.  I'm hoping to be rocking it like a 20-something by next Christmas.

So, What Got Me Thinking?

I was reading my girl, Michelle's, blog.  You can click on her name here, or follow her badge (Rage Your Way Thin) down and to the right of the screen.  Anywho, she inspired me.  (Thanks Michelle!)  I went simple; cut out the things I knew were killing me (fried foods, sweet tea, sugar), and started the things I knew were healthy (fish, chicken, rice, steamed veggies, whole grains).  Before I knew it, I felt like walking, lifting weights, and doing more.

So I haven't been negligent on purpose, I've just been busy with other things.  Don't even get me started on what we've been doing remodeling the house!!  (unless you really want to hear the sordid details! lol)

But after talking to several friends about weight loss, I've decided to start a group to encourage other women to support each other.  Who doesn't want to be healthier, right?  As soon as I have it up, I'll edit this and give you the link!  OR I'll just start a new thread introducing it, who knows, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment